Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

People

My latest revelation is that I love people. I love my friends and I love my family. But not only that, I just LOVE people. I love getting to know people. I love how different people are and how they can respond and think so diversely from each other. I love enjoying people.

For example I'm a sports fan by default. I like sports, I think they're fun, I don't really know much about any sport in particular but it's always kind of enjoyable to watch or play a game. Other than the jayhawks I don't really have a favorite team. However, if someone I love has a favorite team you will find me cheering right along side them.



I love road trips and holidays even events that aren't that exciting...all because I get to be with people.




So we have a new computer program at work. We've had computer charting ever since I've worked here but, starting last Saturday everything is now on the computer. It's kind of a big deal, basically the way we do everything has changed. So I'm a "super user" for this little project, it's called Q6, (quality to the 6th power). Don't get excited, it's not as glorious as it sounds. Basically all it means is that I go around the hospital and answer questions about the new program. I help them know when to right click and when to use the drop down box, fabulous things like that.

So I kind of love it. Crazy I know. I don't love computers, really I'm not even that great at them, so why do I find it so fun?

Well...

#1 I get to meet new people, lots and lots of new people.

#2 I love teaching. I get to help my fellow nurses know the absolute best way to use this system. I show them the smallest thing that makes their life a tad easier and they love it. I love that.

#3 I love efficiency. If they show me it's not working to their best interest I get to take the feedback to people above me and try and get it working better. That's exciting to me.

So I'm having a great time learning how to love people better, I still have a long way to go but it's a fun adventure. And I love you...to all the people in my life, you make me better!







8 comments:

  1. That's so rad Jess. I can see you being a great teacher. I have a professor that has a somewhat similar personality to yours and she's everyone's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so much fun. this is a great post, it gets me excited about people and i don't even like people.

    just kidding.

    also, in the last picture, who is that guy with the beard? i recognize him from somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you love people, because people love you! And look at you go on the layout, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blog world, Jess! And Leah, you are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the pic of you and tom. so glad you are blogging there is so much in your heart i want to know

    ReplyDelete
  6. hilarious and downright fun pictures! people need love! i'm glad you love us (people) so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. there. i'm officially following now even though i was the first comment on this post anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I'm glad you have a blog! I can see it'll be very fun, happy, sad, and just plain REAL. Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete