Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Alive

This week was rough, real rough. I live in a world where nothing is certain, not even life. I remembered that this week. Everyday on my way home from work I cried in the car and yelled at the L-rd. This week was not a fun week to do my job. But this week is only one week. I will keep going, I will keep serving and I will keep asking the L-rd to reveal Himself to me in times and places where I don't feel Him.

In the in the middle of one of my wrestles, tears streaming down my face, trying to see the road as I was driving, a song came on my stereo that I've heard many times before. She sang out "my G-d's not dead He's surely alive, He's living on the inside roaring like a lion." I had chills over my whole body. MY G-d, MY G-d, He's not dead. He's ALIVE! Fully ALIVE. He's roaring like a lion! I love Him. I want Him to come back. I want Him to come back!

I haven't ever really wanted that before, I've asked Him to make me want it. Here it is, I know it now. My G-d, He's fully alive and I want Him to return roaring like a lion.

I'm so glad in a world where nothing is certain, I can know my G-d will always be faithful to me, and to the kids and the families I serve. I can trust that, even when I can't see it.

4 comments:

  1. that was so powerful.
    yes and amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That for this reminder... my longing for His return grows stronger everyday and for so many different reasons. Oh how I long to gaze into His eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to know the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. He came as a Lamb and He will return as a Lion. What a great and terrible Day that will be!

    ReplyDelete