Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ick...

I have a quick prayer request. I love my job, it's amazing. If I could have any job on the planet this would be the one I would pick. One problem. It's real hard. I hope I get to the point some day when I know a lot more and can take care of those kiddos with confidence. But right now I have a lot to learn.

It seems that I'm getting hit pretty hard. I find myself now sick again for the second time and again after having a very hard day at work. I had a fever for the first time in about 10 years. It's not the kids or even the families, they are the good part. It's all the information I have to know and stay on top of. I beat myself up when I don't know something or don't remember something, then that's hard too.

If you wouldn't mind, first of all, I would like to be well. I would also like the gift of a better memory, better critical thinking and better assessment or observation skills.

It may seem silly but I want to keep this job probably for the rest of my life and I really want to fight for those kids. Compassion isn't enough, I need to be good at what I do, cause as scary as it is, their lives are at stake, and partially in my hands. At least they will be, when I'm working on my own.

Thanks

2 comments:

  1. absolutely, jess. thank you for putting the requests out here. i'm honored to partner with you in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. praying for you both to feel better and for wisdom both natural and supernatural.

    ReplyDelete