Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Update

So now that I'm caught up on my blogging I thought I would tell you a few things on my mind.

Work is hard. Everyday is a struggle for one reason or another. I have 3 ladies that pray for me on the days I work, cause it's that big of a deal. Sometimes it's still so hard I wonder what it would be like if they didn't have my back. Sometimes it's the emotional side, sometimes it's the busy side and most of the time it's the amount of stuff I have to know and how I feel I'm coming up short. I never would have imagined it could be this challenging. I still love it and have no desire to be anywhere else. I go to nights next week. New preceptor (that's the nurse I work with while on orientation) so maybe I'll keep learning lots more. I hope I make it working the night shift again.

I love what is going on at KL. I'm really excited about what the L-rd is doing. I feel like I'm about to embark on a growth season...personally. One I have been craving for a long time. So I'm super stoked about that!

The L-rd is teaching me how to let go. That's a hard thing to learn.

Sometimes I'm selfish and I hurt people. Sometimes I don't think about how my actions would effect people I love, and that ends up hurting people. I'm trying to let the L-rd fix those areas, and I want to do my part to fix them too. I don't like hurting anyone, especially people I love. Sometimes I need help to stay on track. I'm really thankful for accountability and good friends who are willing to help me work through my weaknesses.

I'm excited to stay up way too late, sitting on my couch with Kait talking about everything while drinking tea in our pj's. It will be so fun to walk in the door and see Stephanie's smiling face and get lots of hugs on a regular basis. Oh the fun to be had and the memories we will make. I hope the L-rd will bring my house soon. I have amazing friends and I'm really stoked to live close to them and with them.

There's more on my mind, but this is a blog and I don't want it to be too long...thanks for reading this far.

Here's some pictures in case this post was feeling neglected.

Maas and Leah and I went with little Cass to see a musical staring some of Maasen's friends. The show was super fun and little Cass enjoyed herself.



 





                                                                                               
There's more pictures in recent posts in case you missed them. I posted several times this week.

6 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you to have a love encounter with Him each day...through people, through patients, through experiences etc. He is found everywhere, so I pray you reach out and grab hold of Him each day. You are precious and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, it is so wonderful that you are committed to improvement. I think it's wonderful for two reasons. First, the bettering of yourself might be intrinsically valuable. Essentially, that as you become more complete your ability to good rises. Second, that passion and commitment are a huge part of what will cause your relationship with the L-rd to grow exponentially. Through the hard times, in the dark moments the passion that He has started in us and continues to grow in us will be what sustains us until the harvest.
    Second, the last picture of lil cass is unbelievable. It's amazing to me how beautiful she is, not to mention distinct. Children seem to make bearable most of the time (as you know) and Cass has a special disposition that makes most pictures of her make her seem iconic. As if a picture of Cass could express what a million words could not about how life is, should be, and that which we aspire to. GREAT PICTURE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun at the musical! It was a really great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I don't really think I can add anything to what Jack said. Very well-articulated about you and lil' Cass.

    Tea, couches, PJ's, Jess and Steph....here I come! Yeeeehaw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carlye you're so sweet as always. I can't wait to see a post from you!
    Jack, I'm not really sure what to say...
    Maas it's always a good time. You're so good at planning fun things to do.
    It's gonna be wonderful Kait!

    ReplyDelete