Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

This and that

I recently made some cupcakes for a baby shower. The girl was African and the guy Italian. I made lemon cupcakes with a lemon frosting and almond with a mocha buttercream.
Here's the cupcakes for the top of each tower.
Notice the detail on the baby quilt...that's my favorite part.
I went with A Sweet Finish for my "bakery" name. Thanks to Kait for that suggestion. I'm not 100% sure that's the one I'll stick with, but I think it's rather catchy. Thoughts?
 






















Softball season is in session...look at that tan line. Or should I say burn line?
Ouch, even with sunscreen.
Waiting at first base
 The coach in action!
 Those girls play so hard, and they are so encouraging to each other.
I could have listened to them all day.
Tom's birthday was on the 11th. Happy Birthday Thomas.
Here's some birthday treats, do you think they have enough?
 This girl loves her Papa
And her Mama too! 
We decided to be silly with the camera...here's the result...
 Look at that hand action...LOVE it!
 Ahhhh
And of course a real one... 
Hope you enjoyed. That's all for now. ;)

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics, Jess....and I'm just in awe of those cupcakes! Want to bring some to my sister's baby shower this weekend? (She lives in NY, BTW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jessica. You outdo yourself every time I see a creative piece of food art you have fashioned. Incredible! And I like the catchy name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To add to allison's comment:
    after cass's introduction to my out-of-town friend, jess, she said, "i have a jess and kait has a jess." then noah said, "she's my jess too!" cass responded, "but i'm more trustmerable!"

    :)

    all the kids are fighting to claim you...and the pics of you two are adorable.

    those cupcakes are miraculous...how did you learn that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! and that shout out for the name...what a honor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has quite the vocabulary. I'd say it's a good combination of me and Tom, right? And we do all love "our" Jess.

    If you ever need a taste-tester you know where to find me...

    ReplyDelete