Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Purim 2011

Here are my photos from Purim, the Jewish festival of Esther. The fun thing about this holiday is that you get to dress up in costumes. There are several reasons for this 1- symbolizing the Purim miracle of the disguise that in the end set the Jews free 2 - to commemorate Mordechai being dressed in royal robes and 3- to make it easier for the poor, which we honor on this day as they collect from our offerings. On this day we are to give to everyone who outstretches their hand


 
Important things to note:
  • The picture of Eric and Susan is probably my favorite
  • I remember trying several times to get a picture of Leah but she was busy. I guess I wasn't successful cause I couldn't find one of her. This makes me very sad - she was beautiful!
  • I agree with whoever said that Tom looks more like Wesley from Princess Bride
  • I am way excited that Mike and DeAnn came and participated in the costume extravaganza...way to go MDBs! 
  • All in all it was a delightful Purim. Praise the L-rd for Esther and her faithfulness to her people. Praise the L-rd for giving her favor and keeping the Jews safe.

8 comments:

  1. Ornithologist has been by far my favorite costume ever. The second time around was better because I had a bird to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love the one of Ang & Aliyah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures loves the ones if Kait and cass thanks for uploading the individual pics too just noticed the link on top

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah. great pictures of a great evening. thanks for the montage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go in the pics! (Side note, the tires are brand spanking new - thx!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. best round of costumes EVER. no joke.

    and I think Zorro and The Tourist (no pun intended) tie for 1st place. although Rosie would probly take them down in the end...

    ReplyDelete