Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Passover Project

It's true! Passover is almost here, my favorite or very near favorite holiday (sometimes I think I like Yom Kippur a little more.) So with that comes cleaning...lots of cleaning. The idea is to rid your home of chametz or bread and crumbs of bread. There is to be no leaven eaten during Passover so in order to prevent this from happening you must make sure there is not even a crumb in your home for this particular holiday.

I'm usually last minute, I usually give all my time to everyone else and then get stressed when I don't have enough time for myself. (new revelation) This year I've already been hearing from the L-rd about how to proceed with Passover.

I don't live alone and I won't be able to care for my home as if it were my own. However, I do have my own quarters. This year I've felt the L-rd tell me that I am responsible to prepare for what is coming, to clean everything out, so to speak. This means the places that belong to me: my room, my bathroom, my car and my body.

There it is, the Passover Project. So I'm posting this for accountability. I'm getting started with my cleaning. I'm meeting with my trainer tomorrow. I'm not eating added sugar until the big day and I'm working on cleaning up my heart and spirit as well.

I'm excited. You can hopefully look forward to at least subtle changes. I'll randomly post about my progress, mostly for my sake but if you're interested read on loved one, and thanks for caring about me.

Happy Passover season and may the L-rd do big things in you too as the time draws near to thank the L-rd for the miracles He has done!

2 comments:

  1. Go Jess! This is a fantastic way to combine the spiritual and the physical. I really like it. And I really like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been very informed about the Jewish traditions in the past. I had a friend who would bring her Jewish father into our classroom and show us how to prepare and eat the Passover meal. It was beautiful. But this cleansing of home and body, this is really neat. I am proud of you. I know our Father will honor all you are doing. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete