Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

What a kid

Leah called me last week and told me Cass hurt her leg, after hearing about it I told her it didn't sound so bad and gave her a bit of advise. On Thursday she said Cassidy still wasn't doing so well and asked if I would I come by to look at her. So I did. It didn't seem that bad but it had been 2 days and something about it just didn't seem right to me. So, I suggested they take her in. They let me come with them to urgent care where we found out little Cass had a buckle fracture in her tibia. Yuck! Well she was super brave and Tom and Leah were amazing! They read her books and loved on her lots.

Here's Tom with her in the waiting room.
He pretended to be the doctor which made her laugh. It was pretty cute. 
Then he took pictures of her leg with my camera so she would know what to expect when we went to get the xray.  

 Here she is with her new pink splint (the real cast comes on Monday)
 Look at that arm band - proves she was there. And man were we there....
6 hours later we walked out of the hospital doors. On the way to the car she says "mama and papa, thanks for taking me to the hospital." She was that great the whole time, I don't remember her crying once. Leah told her she was so great sometimes it's hard to believe she's real. She also told her she was like chocolate...you just can't get enough.
I was honored to spend the evening with such good parents. They're kind of one in million!
I love all 3 of you!

7 comments:

  1. what a trooper and what a devoted nurse you are. after hours, even!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her leg looks so long! Way to go nurse. Looks like it will be a while til our next dance party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for going with us. You are such an asset to have around, Nurse Jennifer. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, you can't say I'm a good nurse. I didn't catch it till 2 days later, and even then I still didn't know what was wrong. But thanks anyway. And very funny Leah...I'm laughing on the inside. Kind of wish I was with you guys right now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. more POTD, please!
    PALS certified or whatever it was, so, in a way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am ready to see some orchid action!

    ReplyDelete